Monday, October 13, 2014

Business Meeting (one act play)


Employee is sitting in his chair while the boss is standing behind him.

Boss: I’ve noticed your work ethic has been rather lacking

Employee: Yeah, sorry there has just been a lot on my mind lately

Boss: I understand personal lives can be hard to juggle sometimes, but you do need to get your work done

Employee: I understand sir, I will do those papers later I suppose

Boss: Why wait? Just do it now

Employee: I don’t know I feel like I can go another day without doing it

Boss: But all of your coworkers are wondering why you haven’t done it already

Employee: I’m sure they understand

Boss: Just be honest with yourself they don’t like you at all

Employee: You’re lying

Boss: Am I? I am your boss I see the way people act around here and I know what is best for you

Employee: Stop it, you don’t know anything about me

Boss: I know everything, all of your little secrets

Employee: Stop!

Boss: I see the way you look at Stacey, do you really think you have a chance?

Employee: I don’t know, maybe?

Boss: Listen to yourself you don’t know what you want, just do those papers and everything will be fine

Employee: Do you really think so?

Boss: I know so, trust me

Employee: No, no! I..I shouldn’t

Boss: Just do it!

Whispers “do it” repeatedly

Employee: No! No! No! No! Ahhhhh!

It goes dark and then there’s a loud bang

No comments:

Post a Comment